How to Use Flippa.com to Find Blog Niche Ideas

If you are one of those people who are always looking for the next great niche to write about. Then you know how hard it is to find one that is going to be profitable. Basically if you make money from adsense or amazon then you will need to have a steady stream of niches to pick from that will do well in a blog format. Since I subscribe to some mailing lists I recently received a email that was talking about how profitable it is to buy and sell websites. I am not much of a website builder so at first I was not interested but I thought I would check out the link anyway. It took me to a site called Flippa.com and boy was I surprised to see so many websites for sale. It looks like those who lost their California affiliate status with Amazon and other companies are putting up their sites for auction. These are some good sites too. Some have high PR rankings while others are generating a substantial amount of traffic each day and other sites are earning monthly revenue. The thing that caught my attention was the fact that you could look at websites that had recently sold and see what features they have and everything. What a goldmine for those who like to build websites with Wordpress. You get to see which sites are working and what niches are in demand. This is apparent by the closing bid price that is paid once a site sells. Can you imagine some sites were sold for $10,000 dollars after only being built for a years time. That is pretty amazing. Its all in the potential of the site I would reckon. Also there were some sites that were sold for a whooping $100,000 dollars, now I would have loved to have been the seller of those sites. The average site sold for around $2,000 dollars which is great money if you ask me. But the part I wanted to highlight is that if you are looking for niche blog ideas, then you should check out the sites that specialize in selling and buying websites. Simply because the site owner has to provide reports showing the age of the domain name as well as traffic stats along with a earnings statement. Now some of the sites will not have this kind of data because it is brand new, in those cases the owner is counting on the future potential of the keywords. I guess if you are experienced then you will know what to look for and get some good deals out of it. I found a few niches from looking at the sold websites and I am thinking of setting up a free blogger blog first to test them out. Who knows I may stumble upon a real winner. Anyway I think you should check it out and see what you can find at the 1# Marketplace for buying and selling websites - flippa.com